Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My first crustacean family lunch

Mandy and I had lunch with our new friend Garfield. (Ryan Peterson: connecting people in other nations! oh, yeah... that's what i'm talking about. ;o)

SO anyway, mandy and I met up with Garfield for lunch. His mom wanted to have us over to their beautiful home. We had sea snails, clams, and some other bottom feeding crustacean. We also had chicken heart ( tastes a little like duck liver) , chicken wings (like we have in the U.S.), veggies and beef. There was a lot of food. We also had watermelon and honey dew melon for desert.
Garfields Grandmother on the left and Mother on the right, Mandy and I are in the middle.

Us and Garfield. Garfield is a student at Xining University, out west in the Qinghai Provence.

Waiting for the bus...

Garfield.

I felt a little bad because my chinese is not good enough to communicate with Garfields mom. She is very sweet and said we could come over anytime we wanted. She would cook for us. I am not sure how that would work with Garfield away at college and we can not speak chinese well, and understand others spoken chinese even less. But in any case we have her number.

Maybe we will have the chance to go again over the chinese new year. I am not eating sea snails again tho! Once was enough for me.

No comments: