Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy September!!!

I love September!!!!

Its my favorite month out of the whole year! And fall is my favorite season. I love cool weather, wearing sweaters and jackets and watching the leaves change colors (I hope they change here!). Sigh, i am very excited about the next few months. I feel like i have had a lot of time to get settled, but today I started the fall schedule! I am teaching little kids! It is a bit nerve wrecking for me because today we actually had to teach curriculum. It is the first day of the fall semester. And we still don't have a solid schedule one what classes when, it's a communication issue with the Chinese staff. My problem is that I am much better at encouraging others to follow their dreams, than i am following my own. But I took this step of faith and i am here. As unsure and nervous as i am, I am equally excited and persistent to do well.

I don't have any pictures of my kids yet, but I will try to have them for you next time I write. Now that the semester has started things will be more organized and all the kids should come to class. I am teacher Krista... who would have thought?

Two new teachers Kathrine and Brooke came last Thursday. They are a lot of fun! They are fresh out of high school and taking classes at Qingdao University, so they will only be teaching part time. Kathrine is very energetic and excited about life. Brooke is also excited to be here, but she is much more laid back. Brooke reminds me a lot of my little sister. I am excited to get to know them both. We are actually hanging out tonight after our weekly staff meeting. I will also have pictures of them next time I write.

I will keep you updated, but this week will be very busy, first week of classes and all. I am so glad I have people to write to and share my experiences with through this adventure.

Hope you have a fantastic September!!!!!!




(Even tho the blogger says it is August 31, it is Monday afternoon, September 1st, in china. Workin on getting that changed...)